The Best Sunglasses for Skiing
Skiing is one of the most popular winter sports. Whether you’re an experienced skier or just starting, it’s important to protect your eyes from the glare of the sun and the snow. Wearing the right sunglasses for skiing is essential in order to enjoy your time on the slopes without any worries. Here's everything you need to know.
Different types of sunglasses for skiers
When it comes to sunglasses for skiing, there’s a wide range of styles and designs to choose from. From polarized lenses to photochromic lenses, there's a whole big world of options out there, and it’s important to find the right pair of sunglasses to suit your needs. So that you will feel comfortable wearing them, and will be able to savor every moment of your well-deserved holidays.
- Polarized lenses are designed to reduce glare from the sun and snow. They’re a great choice for skiers who want to reduce eye strain and fatigue. Polarized lenses also provide excellent UV protection, which is essential for any outdoor activity. A great specimen? See the classic Oakley Holbrook Polarized. Holbrook is one of Oakley's best-selling sunglasses ever. If you want a great piece of eyewear with polarized lenses that you can wear literally in any setting, that's a fantastic option. Take it with you on a boat trip, wear it on your way to work on a sunny day, or take it to the mountain top. It always rocks!
- Photochromic lenses are another popular option for skiers. These lenses are designed to automatically adjust to light conditions, darkening in bright sunlight and lightening in overcast. This makes them perfect for the ever-changing weather and light you'll meet on the slopes. Our pick? The unisex Rudy Project Stardash! All of Rudy Project latest tech in a modern-looking classic pilot frame. Not quite regular sunglasses, not quite ski goggles: just a unique little work of art!
Rudy Project Stardash
- Mirrored lenses are also a popular choice for skiers. These lenses are designed to reflect light away from the eyes, reducing glare and eye strain. Mirrored lenses are also available in a variety of colours, so you can choose the right colour to match your skiing style. If these are your lenses of choice, why not getting a classic wayfarer design like this beautiful Ray-Ban Justin for men? How about the vintage Moncler ML0130 21U?
- Finally, wrap-around sunglasses are a great choice for skiers. These sunglasses provide excellent coverage and protection from the sun and wind. They’re also designed to stay in place even during the most extreme skiing conditions. A fine example? The perfectly white Moncler Wrapid.
The ultimate wrap-around ski eyewear, of course, are snow goggles. If you're interested in learning more about goggles, we recommend checking out our top 10 best ski goggles in 2023 guide. Today we're going to stick to sunglasses only!
Benefits of wearing sunglasses for skiing
Wearing the right sunglasses for skiing can offer a variety of benefits. The most important benefit, goes without saying, is protection from sunlight. Sunglasses can help protect your eyes from the UV rays of the sun, as well as from wind and snow. They can also reduce eye strain and fatigue, allowing you to feel better overall from sunrise to sunset.
Another benefit of wearing sunglasses for skiing is improved visibility. Polarized lenses and specialized ski sunglasses can reduce glare from the sun and snow, allowing you to see more clearly. This can be especially helpful when skiing at higher speeds or in adverse weather conditions.
Finally, wearing sunglasses for skiing can also help to improve your performance. By providing better visibility sunglasses can help you to ski with greater confidence and control, so that you can try to beat your records over and over. Can there be any more fun than that?
Popular ski sunglasses brands
Several popular sunglasses brands offer great protection and style for skiing. Of all the great brands out there, we believe that Oakley, Moncler, Rudy Project, and Adidas are by far the best choice for skiers. They all offer a wide range of options, from photochromic lenses to wrap-around styles, from ski goggles to their own patented premium eyewear tech.
Rudy Project is another popular brand for skiers. They offer a great array of styles, from classic to modern designs. Their patented RP Optics technology provides unmatched sport performance, making it an ideal choice even for the most hardcore skiers. Learn more about what makes Rudy Project sunglasses so special by watching the video below.
Moncler, the ultimate mountaineering brand, knows just a thing or two about ski sunglasses, as they've been working on them for more than 50 years. Their polarized lenses provide excellent visibility and protection, and their wrap-around styles are perfect for skiing. What sets Moncler apart, though, is their sense of style. You'll have a hard time trying to find better-looking glasses. Check out Moncler's 2023 sunglasses collection. If it's your first time reading of Moncler, there's a good chance you'll be literally amazed by the quality of the glasses. Not to even mention LookerOnline's prices!
Adidas. Everybody knows Adidas. In its everlasting effort to create and commercialize top quality sport eyewear at unbeatable prices, Adidas always has in store great glasses for skiing. Light, affordable, sporty and beautiful to wear, Adidas Sport sunglasses could be your best choice if you are low on budget and don't want to think about it too much. A simple, stylish, and super sporty-looking navigator model like the Adidas Sport sp0069-24v would do the job with ease.
Adidas Sport sp0069-24v
Buying sunglasses for skiing?
When buying sunglasses for skiing, there are a few things to consider. First, make sure to choose a pair that offers adequate protection from the sun and wind. Look for lenses that provide 100% UV protection and are designed to reduce glare.
It’s also important to choose sunglasses that are comfortable and fit properly. Wrap-around styles are ideal for skiing, as they provide the most coverage and protection. It’s also important to choose sunglasses that won’t slip or slide during extreme skiing conditions.
Finally, make sure to choose a pair of sunglasses that match your skiing style. Choose a pair that reflects your personality and matches your other skiing gear. Sunglasses are a great way to express your style and show off your personality on the slopes.
Make sure you keep in mind all of the above tips, and you'll be skiing with a great pair of sunglasses on in no time!
Taking care of your skier sunglasses
Taking care of your sunglasses is as essential as it is to buy them before you're off to your winter holidays! After a long day of skiing, it’s important to clean and store your sunglasses properly. It takes a minute or two, and you'll be doing yourself a great present, for they're going to last many more winters to come! Here are a few tips for taking care of your skier sunglasses the best way:
- Wipe your sunglasses after every ski session. Use a soft cloth and mild soap to remove any dirt or debris. Pay attention to the lenses, first and foremost.
- Keep your sunglasses in their original protective case when you're not using them. This will help to keep them safe from scratches and potential damage. All the brands we recommended above provide you with a case... use it!
- Avoid leaving your sunglasses in the car or direct sunlight for long time. Extreme temperatures can damage the lenses and the frames. Treat them with respect!
- When storing your sunglasses away, make sure to keep them away from heat. Definitely not a good idea to dry them up on the heater, if they're all wet!
If you just remember to follow these few indications, your ski sunglasses will be good to go, and will last for ages. It's worth it!
Eyewear is an essential part of any skier’s gear. The right pair of sunglasses can provide excellent protection from the sun and wind, as well as improved visibility and performance. When choosing sunglasses for skiing, make sure to look for a pair that offers adequate protection, fits comfortably, and matches your skiing style. Taking care of your skier sunglasses is also essential, so make sure to clean and store them properly after every ski session. Get yourself the right pair of sunglasses, and you'll be doubling your fun on the slopes.
Would you like to keep updated with all the latest fashion trends and news from the eyewear world? Make sure you visit LookerOnline's blog and follow us on Instagram and Facebook for ideas and inspiration on your style!